A GANF we are committed to promoting education opportunities for all staff members.
As part of our pledge we have set up an Apprenticeship Scheme for Teaching Assistants. This exciting new venture provides Apprentices with personalised in house training from specialist teaching staff. It is an opportunity for Apprentices to experience “real work” in a structured and supportive environment.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be allocated to a specific class within GANF, at either Ambergate or Sandon, based on your experiences and aspirations.
- You will complete a highly recognised Level 2 qualification, which will provide you with a Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. This will be done in collaboration with Grantham College.
- You will be allocated an Assessor from Grantham College who will meet with you at school, to plan your learning and assessment.
- You will be allocated a Mentor in school who will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure that you are progressing well and achieving.
- You will attend and receive in-house training in many aspects of education to enable you to develop your skills and knowledge.
- You will take part in the school performance monitoring process ensuring that your personal development and training needs are being met.
Is this the right career path for you?
To help you decide if this is the way forward for you to commence a career in education, here are some comments made by existing Apprentices at GANF: